Wednesday 19th - Saturday 22nd February 2020
at The Olympus Theatre, WISE Campus, Stoke Gifford, Bristol BS34 8LP
starting at 7pm
Wednesday 19 February
1. The Oldland Players BEYOND THE WHITE NOISE by Steven A.Shapiro
2. Open for Theatre STOOLIE by Kaine Wainwright (original)
3. The Oldland Players THE ALLOTMENT by Gillian Plowman
Thursday 20 February
1. St Alban’s Players - Juniors THE MEADOW by Michael Soetaert
2. Quirky Bird Theatre OLIVER TWIST adapted by Anya Reiss
Friday 21 February
1. Sodbury Players Youth Section WAR AND CAKE by Rob Hockley
2. Transparent Theatre THE HALFLING LAWS by Axel Carlsson (original)
Saturday 22 February
1. Sodbury Players GOING UNDERGROUND by Christopher Morgan
2. Mismatch Theatre BLOOMERS by Daisy Kennedy (original)
Adjudications will be given at the end of each evening. Overall winners will be announced and awards presented on Saturday evening
Adjudicator - David Price, GoDA
David has over 40 years experience of amateur performance, mostly relating to his involvement with Builth Wells Young Farmers’ Club. He writes and directs their annual Drama, Entertainment and Pantomime entries, and has been successful in the Club representing Wales at the National Finals on 6 occasions, performing at such venues as Blackpool Opera House and the Princess Theatre, Torquay. Having won in 1996, runners up in 2005 and 2006, they went on to an unprecedented triumph for 3 consecutive years in 2011/12/13.
His writing also includes a number of Pantomimes for the ‘Old Stagers’ company, raising over £60,000 for TENOVUS Cancer Research from their performances. As a member of Builth Wells Community Arts, he has acted in productions ranging from ‘Oh. What a Lovely War’ to ‘Cider with Rosie’. He is currently a Patron and Board member of Wyeside Arts Centre.
His experience of drama adjudication spans 20 years, and includes festivals for YFC, WI , ‘All England Theatre Festival’ and ‘Drama Association of Wales’. In 2002 he had the honour of adjudicating the National YFC Entertainment finals at Blackpool. He adjudicated the Wales finals for the Drama Association of Wales in 2019, and will judge the British finals of One Act Plays in June 2020.
He is a farmer and County Councillor, having had the pleasure of being elected Chairman of Powys County Council in 2009/10. He was appointed High Sheriff of Powys by HM the Queen for 2018/19. He is married to Elaine, and has three daughters.